Wednesday 28 January 2015

10 years, down to 10 weeks!

10 years and beyond:

There was a time, 10 years ago, before settling in Derby town, when Johnno and I would camp on the beach for months on end. 

The dog, car and tent might have changed, but we have plans to do it all again!  Eating fish & rice.  Spending hours fishing, then writing about it, editing photos and video footage!  That’s changed too!  We have a lot more high tech equipment these days!  All the more fun for you following us on here or YouTube!

Nothing change’s but change!

I have been running my own fun, Boot Camp and Personal Training business, Positive Steps  for 5 years.
What I have learnt from this is that ANY THING is possible!!  If you put your mind to it, you really can do anything!!!
But what I also know is that I am not a ‘career’ kind of person.  I will have many different jobs in my life time.  I am not the kind of person who can devote their life to one path.  So I ask: What Now?

People always ask adults ‘what did you want to be when you were a kid? Have you done that?’
All I ever wanted to be was a Gypsy (and a Truck driver, have to give that a crack one day!).  I had a vision of myself living in a very colourful Combe Van, with a dog, burning insents ;) beside a camp fire by the beach.
Well my mode of transport might be much bigger than I envisioned, but there's not just me: see Blog below to meet the team! Introducing Positive Fishing Team

Ten amazing years in Derby!!!  
So many Barramundi!!! (This is a fishing Blog after all!!!)









 Too many fish to share in one Blog!


So many wonderful trips ‘Up the Coast’











So many other wonderful secret fishing places ;)







Hence why we decided NOT to sell our house in Derby!  Even though the Gypsy in me needs to hit the road, the wonderful friends we have here, and secret fishing spots, will lead us home again!

I wanted to write about all the amazing fishing experience's we have had over the last 10 years in Derby, but were to start?  We have caught so many fish! hahah, there's the show off in me coming out!  Luckily I have a lot of our fishing adventures and coast trips, already saved on YouTube, so you can check them out here: Positive Fishing on YouTube be sure to ‘subscribe’ as well, so you don’t miss any of the clips while we are away!!

From 10 years down to 10 weeks!

10 weeks from today until we hit the road again….and I still have to catch a Metre Barra in that time as well as pack the house and camper.

Perparations for our most mammoth fishing holiday yet are under way!  Johnno is building a frame to put the tinny on top of the camper trailer, that will have solar panels, so we can continually charge all my camera gear!

Fishing tackle is being sorted, and re sorted, and then ALL packed, it is a fishing holiday after all!



Bird cage has been brought so our noisy parrot Aussie gets to tag along, like it or not, on his first beach adventure.  

Blog and YouTube chanell sit up on lap top, so I can continually show off, I mean keep you all up to date with where we are, and how many fish we are catching.

We will be travelling with two dogs, and it’s been a while since we left the Kimberley, so we really want to hear from you ALL with beaches where we can camp for cheap with our dogs.  Looking forward to hearing from you all, advise on beaches, camping gear, web sites etc would be great!!!

Thanks everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment