Tuesday 30 June 2015

Seems I like tea

Nothing like a nice cuppa tea!

I’ve always like herb (flavoured) tea, like lemon, ginger, raspberry or peppermint.  Couple of years ago I started drinking green tea.  Green tea with different herbs is rather nice too.  But I’ve never been a black tea drinker, until now!

I brought ‘Australian Afternoon Tea’ without realising it was a normal black tea.  It was on special with all the other little boxes of herbals.

Without drinking as much beer as normal, I’ve started drinking more tea again.  Like 3 or 4 cups per day, instead of 1 or 2 cups per week…one can only drink so much water!  Now that I’m getting low on the different flavoured teas, I thought I’d be daring, break out of my routine, jump out of my comfort zone, and have a cup of Black tea!!  Oh yah, it’s so good to try new things in life every now and then, you never know what you are missing out on.  

Turns out that I am rather found of a nice cup of tea.  Not too strong, I was worried I wouldn’t like it, so made my first cup very weak.  Fifth cup in less than 24 hours, they are starting to get stronger, but still not strong.  I’d normally leave my herbal bad in for 3 to 5 mins.  I’m still at the 1-2 minute mark for black tea.  I never thought about putting milk or sugar in it, I never do with herbal tea, so it never crossed my mind to.  Ya never know, one day I might try that as well; but not yet, I’m not ready for that much stimulation just yet.

Turns out a nice cup of tea is a wonderful compliment for photo taking at 6am, just as the sun starts to send it’s first light over the sand dunes.

Enjoying an early morning cup of tea!

6am at Flat Rock

No comments:

Post a Comment