Sunday 15 November 2015

My birthday fish

So many dolphins in Exmouth Gulf, I am in heaven!!

40th birthday snorkelling at Exmouth.

Three years ago we came to Exmouth to celebrate my 40th birthday, we decided then we were going to move here 'one day'.  Two years later we had brought our house here, but rented it out, with plans of moving in 'one day'.  During our latest extended camping holiday, with lots of time sitting on the beach contemplating our futures, we realised that 'one day' had arrived, and it was time to move to Exmouth.

It's my birthday week, and what a wonderful week it has been!  Relaxing and recovering from the week of long driving and unpacking.  We took the big boat Black Thing out for a couple of test runs, she's running sweet, but the wind kept us in close to shore.  We have done lots of walking the beaches.  Johnno's first Exmouth fish was a nice Trevally on fly...photo of follow once i've downloaded the GoPro.

Yesterday we took our tinny 'Little Thing' for a test run, while trolling some lures of course...


My first Exmouth fish!!!!
My birthday fish, and first fish in Exmouth (well a squid before that), Mackerel on a Barra Cherabin lure.  The wind picked up shortly after this so we headed back in, luckily because yes i'm a bit sun burnt!!!

Looking forward to a lot more of this!!
Possibly over indulged for last day of being 42 yesterday, was working on the 43 cocktails that I promised myself i'd be drinking this year, after 5 years of fitness challenges on my birthday.  We lost count...have to start again today!!


No comments:

Post a Comment