Thursday 21 May 2020

2020 What just happened?

How can it be mid May already!


Feb 2020

 
May 2020

I had such strong hope, such positive goals, such good intentions! 
2020 the year of getting it all back together....instead it was the year it all fall apart!

Anyone reading this in the future go back and read your history books to what happened in 2020, because it's not just me or Australia, it's the world over.  I'm not going to dwell on the global situation too much, because well rather frankly, as with all global situations, it's hasn't hit us as bad here in the Kimberley.  We truly do live in the best place in the world!!
Sure sure stuff changed, money is hard and will most likely change and get harder.   I DID have a little break-down, dreaming about dead bodies outside my house and never seeing my family again.
BUT (not saying it's over yet, just focusing on the positive), thanks to our quick acting government, we have not had to experience a full lock down or spread of the dreaded.

So now I am starting to bounce back from my mini depression breakdown, and get back to living a full and positive life!  At the start of 2020 I set 20 goals for this year.  Writing 20 of these blogs was one of those goals...this is number 3.
I will be forever grateful that my running buddy Bron and I started our running program BEFORE all this shit happened.  We were able to continue our morning runs together, although altered.  She couldn't pick me up in her car any more, which was kind of a motivator for both of us.  We had to make ourselves meet at favourite running spot (derby jetty) even if we were hung over and didn't want to, cause other was waiting for us.  We run on opposite sides of the road, stretched at home instead of hanging out at the benches. But we made it work, so we had each other to off load all the shit that was happening, and we kept REGULAR!  3x per week (most weeks).  There were some hard weeks there, but we are on the bounce back and the build up!!!  Bron had never run 5km straight before the start of our program, yesterday she run 8km's!!  I'm back in my happy place being able to help people reach their personal goals!  And I wasn't sure I had another 8km run in me, due to lack of motivation, so it is so wonderful to feel that satisfaction, feeling of accomplishment, doing what you said you were going to do!  Anyway lots more of that to come as this is just the start of our running journey.  We had planned to do the Broome half marathon 22km.  Event has been cancelled, but we are holding to schedule and plan to run the distance that date anyway...there its said on social now, we have to ;)

Had I stuck to plan of writing two blogs a month than you would already know about all the fabulous fish we caught earlier in the year.  But I'm thinking you all watch Positive Fishing on YouTube anyway, so already know about that, if not get into it!
Start with this one 2020 New Years Day

Here's a look at the last keeper sized barra I've caught this year (caught a few babies after that).  This is one of my favourite.  I never catch anything at this spot, so i was shocked, than excited, then nervous of loosing him, than ore struck at his beauty.  It was a truly fabulous morning.  Such a beautiful spot, such an awesome fish, so thankful for this amazing country where we feel so safe due to our isolation form the rest of the world.



So what happened to snap me out of my funk....

The TV Broke!! May 2020 LIFE CHANGING!
Yip that's all it took!  No more stupid news reports or time wasted watching movies.
NOW the house is clean again!  I even cleaned out cupboards and the file cabinet!!! Then I started on my computer files!! WOW!  I'm ahead on YouTube episodes, I have sorted MONTHS worth of photos and GoPro footage, and now look, i'm even writing a blog!  A meaningless nothing blog, but it's my blog.  My life, my diary, my journey. :)

My dinner, cooked early, due to NO TV!


No comments:

Post a Comment