Saturday 23 April 2016

Happy Birthday Daddio xx

 Daddio:
50's version of what Dude is now.
Beautiful morning to be celebrating my Daddio's birthday!!

 Happy Birthday to my fun, entertaining father.  The man I grow up with, who gave me so many years of laughs.  The man who taught me not to be so Gullibly.  The man who prepared me for a life with my Joker life-partner John Marven!
Thank-you Dad and Johnno for your patience over the years of my life... it's been an amazing one so far.  Here is just one day:

Exmouth boat ramp

Sunrise at Exmouth boat ramp: ya just know it's going to be a good day!

Happy Birthday to David, first fish on boat early this morning.

Trolling past a school of bait, Johnno jumped up front, cast a silver slice at them and was on.  Long fight gave me plenty of time to get the other lure's in before he landed it.

Can't let the boys have all the fun. Happy Birthday Daddio. xx
Anchored at one of our favourite spots to watch the fish drift past.  Johnno spotted the black shape, a school of fish moving towards us.  We both started casting, Johnno on fly, and me with my favourite Exmouth Popper (used since my birthday holiday here 4 years ago).  I got hits straight away but they were all too crazy, couldn't stay connected.
Then there was a magical moment when I know I was going to be on.  My lure in front of the school, a few fish break off and start charging for it,  ya know when that happens one of them are going to inhale it, they are fighting for it!!  Then the big yellow lips come up in the middle of them and I started screaming even before it hit my lure 'It's a BIG Goldie' it's a big goldie'!! Then i was on and my 10b line was screaming as well!!
Johnno hooked up at the same time, it got intense as I screamed at him in my excitement to
Get the Net, oh you are on as well, well get yours off, I have a BIG Goldie!!
Turns out he had plenty of time to land and release his tervally, as this beast did another 5 laps around the boat before I  could get it anywhere near the net.
Thanks Johnno my bestie net boy!  Landed just as the hooks flow out, never to be seen again (no hooks on lure or fishes mouth??)
It's been a while since I have held up a big fish, mate it was heavy!!!  Still able to get a couple of good shots before Johnno jumped into the waist deep water to get photos of this beauty reviving and swimming off.  It was a beautiful sight!!

Trying out the under water setting.

YES That works!!
I hope you enjoyed your 
Birthday as much as we did Dad.


xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment