Monday 25 April 2016

Just a 'normal' day in paradise:

Just another day in Exmouth Paradise!

People are always telling me 'I live an extraordinary life' or 'your life is one big holiday', that my friends is another whole blog, that I am working on at the moment, to tell you about how wonderful my life has been up to this point (not even half way!), and how i got here.

But today's blog is just an example of my wonderful life... Nothing at all out of the ordinary happened.

We had a slow start to the day, late rise ...well early rise leading to late start ;)
Bacon and egg burger for breakfast, so big we could only eat half, packed the rest for lunch.
Packed the car and fridge, and off we set...with a cider for second breakfast on drive to favourite fishing spot!

New hooks on all my favourite poppers after loosing a set yesterday to that Beautiful big Goldie!
It wasn't a productive fishing day, yet it felt so.  I personally love fishing to be able to soak my feet in the salt water, and spend time in beautiful natural places, so it's not really a big deal if i don't catch fish...but of course I LOVE it when i do.  As all fisher man know, it's a rare fisherman (aka a lier) that catches fish every time they go out.

Today I hooked what I think was a Gaint Herring within minutes of casting my fave popper.  They are crazy fighters, jumping out of the water doing flips and turns all over the place.  Before i had time to shout 'fish on', it was off again.  Still a great start!!

Couple of hours later I was thinking 'beer o'clock' due to lack of action on my popper, then...OMG!!! It started with a little splash out the corner of my eye, fish action, quick cast over there...pop pop pop, nothing following...oh wait what is that, too late popper back at my feet...BIG fish swims past me, cast in direction it is going, start retrieving lure..OMG a F BIG (like bigger than the biggest tervally i've ever caught!!) BIG Tervally is following my lure!!! OMG OMG OMG.......Too late, popper is at my feet, Tervor see's me and is off!  I stood shaking on my rock for another half hour, hopeful casting, before calling beer o'clock at last.

Drove just around the corner to another little rock, fish action; i jumped out with my rooster before johnno even had time to set up his fly rod.  Pop pop, hit hit, cast again pop pop BANG!!! Fish on, Strike, SLACK line...broken on the oyster rocks, popper never seen again.

We went for a snorkel around the rock, thinking popper might be under the there still (hopefully attached to the MJ that stole it).  The water was so dirty I almost crashed into the big ass oyster rock!!

On the drive home we pulled into the marina boat ramp to see what was going on, heaps of boats out enjoying the public holiday.  The water was SO CLEAR there, opposite to down the bay!!!

So in we jumped with snorkels....

 Johnno attracting the fish over
Here they come.





We were a little surprised at the lack of slightly bigger fish...until Johnno spotted the under sized dead bluebone (speared through its gut) floating beside us...snorkelling didn't seem such a safe idea after that  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment