Sunday 29 May 2016

I wanted to start fly fishing again...

Not ideal Fly Fishing weather!
I always say that Johnno has upset the fishing Gods!  
 Every time he gets his fly rod out it gets windy, like seriously, straight away!!!  He has mentioned a few times that perhaps it is me, haha, I just laugh, pick up my overhead and go catch a fish!!  Too easy!

This week I told Johnno I want to start fly fishing again.  It's been a few years since I even picked up a fly rod, but I feel ready again.  I'm now over the horrid experience that made me hate fly fishing (stupid guide shouting at me), and I have more time to do what i want, nothing else on my mind (not like when I was go go go, thinking about Positive Steps).

So, I asked Johnno during the week if there is a rod and reel I can use to practice again, remember it's been years, so I'm not even sure what we have any more.  Sure enough Johnno still has my 10wt set up ready for when I was ready again....but he has broken my 8wt, which by the way would be easier to learn on, anyway that's not part of the story ;)

So we talk the rest of the week about going down the bay to practice my fly fishing technique, happy happy blah blah blah, talking all week, not fishing just talking about it, because we both work now.

Weekend comes, can you even guess what happened??

YES it's so windy there is NO way I'm going to be able to cast anything!!  I'm out there with my big ass Popper, because even Johnno couldn't cast into that wind!  There was no way I could learn on the fly without getting fucked off again.  No fish, couldn't see a fish, couldn't catch a fish blind casting.
Can you cast over that?

When the wind picked up enough that it was blowing the cold sea spray over me, I was lured back out of the water by the thought of a beer.

  We sat on the tinny (taken 'just in case') drinking beer.
YES of course this is when we seen the large schools of mullet swimming past and YES the big ass Trevor following them!!




No comments:

Post a Comment