Monday 23 March 2015

Packing begins!

This time next week we will be 

living on the beach!

It's now only a matter of days until we leave for our big adventure!  I remember back at 8 weeks to go, everyone was saying 'it will go so fast, you will be gone before you know it'.  That hasn't been the case!  I feel like I've been cleaning, sorting, cleaning, packing, and then cleaning some more, forever!  So it is a relief to finally be into the last week.  All the sorting, selling, storing and cleaning DONE!!

Now it's time for the fun stuff; packing everything we have left into the camper trailer and car.
Johnno's last day of work was Friday, but he spent Saturday morning welding/working.  He has built a Solar Panel rack for the top of the camper trailer.  When we have stopped it folds out the opposite side to the tent.  When we are driving it sits on top of the camper, with solar panels protected underneath, so we can pack stuff on top of it!  Perfect, more room to pack the bigger stuff like Swag, clothes bag, dogs beds!

Johnno's hard work on his first day off work!  Solar Panel rack.

I have decided it's now close enough to start packing the food/cooking boxes.  We can have BBQ's for the rest of the last week! My kitchen is finally looking more like what I expected when getting ready to leave = empty!
I've packed 2 boxes of dried/canned food, plus we are taking fridge in the car, and have coffee/snacks etc under the sink for easy road side stops...sink pulls out when you open back door of trailer.
One whole black box is just dog and bird food!! Fourth box is cook utensils. Last box is warm clothes!  Don't need them yet, but sure we are going to at some stage?
Then on top are all the bits: lights, batteries, snorkels! Hand-lines etc etc.
Most our fishing and camera equipment will go in back of the car.
IT FITS!!  Started packing the boxes!
 I am now feeling much more relaxed!  We have a lot more space than I expected.  Everything fits, we don't need to leave anything behind, actually we can take extra!

So now it's relaxing time!
I had my last afternoon mowing the lawn and pottering in garden, this is relaxing for me, it's not a chore, I love my garden.
We swum in the pool, talking about all the fish we are going to catch, movie's we are going to make, and place's we are going to visit :)
The next week will be slowly pottering around, getting the packing finished.
Johnno has one big job left: renovating the bathroom, but that is why he finished work a week early, so no need to rush it.
I will be enjoying my last week of Boot Camp: this morning was the start of final fitness testing, the challengers gave it there all, very moving!  Could be an emotional week on that front!

I need a Selfie Stick! haha; trying to get family photo after mowing lawn.

Relaxing time!  Making the most of the pool before we are in the salt water

Beer, Banana, Barra Fritters
I used the last of our frozen fish yesterday.  Next week it will all be as fresh as it gets!  Caught  and cooked straight away.  We are taking the car fridge, but not for keeping fish in, that will be eaten on the beach where it is caught!

5 Days to go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment