Wednesday 11 March 2015

Reminiscing

Black Things in storage 

I know I mentioned it last weekend, when we put Black Thing (our big black boat) into storage, but it hit home this week.  Our local fishing club, Mary Island Fishing Club, will be holding one of my favourite annual fishing comp's this weekend: The Big Fish Comp where ALL fish (Yes including Cat Fish) count towards your total size.  We have had great fun in this competition in past years.  I got a bit sad with the realisation that all the big boats would be heading out, while Black Thing is gathering dust.

Before BlackThing got it's name.
Heading 'Up the Coast' our favourite over night destination!


Setting up at Cone Bay before the tide goes out.

Stuck miles from anywhere!
Derby is a great place to own a boat.  Our favourite destination being what is commonly called in these parts as 'Up the Coast', which can mean anything from a day trip to Blue Holes, an over night trip to The Inland Sea or Cone Bay, to a few nights or weeks around the Buccaneer Archipelago.

I've spent the last few weeks on FaceBook reminiscing about the great times I've had with my small Boot Camp business Positive Steps, which gave me the 'Reminiscing' theme of this blog: If you can't fish with them, show off the fish you have caught in the past!! ;)

Here's a very quick look at some of the great fish we have caught Up the Coast over the last few years on Black thing, and I mean quick, because we have folders of photos that I could share!

Black Thing was designed with Fly Fishing for tuna in mind!
 Black Thing, GoPro's and a Fly Fishing set up: make's Johnno a happy man!

Great time's with my mad keen Dad!



 Up the Coast might be our favourite over night destination, but day trips close to home are just as much fun and very rewarding....











I'm feeling better now.  Looking forward to hearing the fishing tails down at the club house after the comp, not at all jealous that we will not be out there. Just a reminder that SOON, very SOON, we will be fishing EVERY DAY!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment