Sunday 27 September 2015

WHY WE LOVE QUONDONG POINT

Sunset view from our tent
No matter what happens or doesn’t happen.  No matter where you go or don’t go. And now matter who you see or don’t see.  Today, this week, this episode of your life, will be looked back upon with the deepest fondness because the time will come when you will see its glorious perfections.

Notes from the Universe by Mike Dooley.


I am already thinking of this time in my life with deepest fondness, reading this today only motivated me to make a little movie clip of this most amazing day, so we can look back on it again and again forever, and remember always this most amazing day.  One day in the hundred years of my life…how many days is that?  I can’t spend the time working it out, I’m too busy enjoying this most amazing day!

The weather forecast had predicted strong winds, but we got a beautiful calm clear day.

We had collected bait yesterday for fishing off the rock at high tide, so as the tide came in we headed over to our favourite fishing spot in the whole world (well mine anyway).  I finally broke in my new bait caster, with the smallest cod in the world!  Then a couple of little bluebone.  I teased Johnno that I would keep the little ones busy while he tried to catch the big one, because he was loosing all our crabs!!  Didn’t take him too long to get the feel for it again, and on our second last crab he pulled in a you-friggen-beaut bluebone!

Bluebone: Black spotted tusk fish.

While getting ready to cook Bluebone and eggs for lunch, standing at the door of our tent looking down along the beach where all the weekenders were picnicking, I noticed a large dark shape in the water.  It was so familiar, it only took me moments to realise that it was the Big Cod that we had seen up at Price’s Point.  I grabbed my GoPro and ran down to the beach.  Other swimmers right beside it hadn’t even seen it.  People came down from their camp sites and other end of the beach to watch the beautiful creature slowly glide along the shallows.

A little look at this most amazing day:


No comments:

Post a Comment