Wednesday 2 September 2015

Birthday Barramundi!

Johnno's birthday cake, beach style!
It's almost two weeks since we moved back to Barred Creek for Johnno's birthday.  I'd planned to write blogs regularly while we have internet service, but it's just such a wonderful spot to sit and do nothing!!!
Johnno's birthday barra on 8wt fly
I brought Johnno an 8wt fly rod and reel for his birthday, he got his birthday barra the day before his actual birthday, which is a good thing really, since we started drinking UDL's at 10am on his big day, and didn't stop till Monday...so not much fishing got done that weekend!!

Then we were into the big tides, which make for really hard fishing, so we relaxed, giving ourselves time to get over the long weekend!

This morning even though the tides were still bigger than they have been since we have been here, we had to go fishing; 5 days of no fish, that's unheard of for us!!!
I haven't had much luck on lure or bait here, luckily Johnno's been cleaning up on fly, so I still get plenty of footage for movie making.  This morning I went through our many lures picking out some new ones to go in my little carry bag.  I decided on a Skitter-pop for the incoming tide up the creek.  It worked!!!  I got my first Barramundi this holiday!!!

Karen's 65cm Barred Creek Barramundi on popper!
It's been a wonderful week, to cut a long story short and keep it interesting, here it all is on YouTube:

Johnno breaking in his new 8wt fly rod and reel at Barred Creek:

Big Tides gave me plenty of time to play with all my toys!

Karen's Barra caught this morning:

No comments:

Post a Comment