Wednesday 3 June 2020

Remote CAMPING in CROCODILE country, AUSTRALIA with lots of Drone footage




The seasons have changed, the cooler air is here.

Dry season has arrived, the nights are cooler, the mornings fresher.

It's CAMPING time!!!

May river, Derby 2020

The dry season has arrived in The Kimberley!  After months of hot & humid continual sweating, which we love as well, but finally it has cooled down.  Beautiful fresh cool nights make it much nicer for sleep outside, and we had a new swag we were just busting to try out.

We had been to this spot on the river about a month ago in our little tinny, while there we noticed some people on the bank who had driven around, so it was just a matter of finding the track they had used.  It took a bit of exploring but once you know, you know :) 

Johnno fly fishing while I sit on bank watching.


We had a very relaxing afternoon, too relaxing for me, I chucked a bait out and fall asleep under those lovely trees, the day went so fast ;) 
We cooked potatoes in the camp fire.  No fancy cook-ups for us, we are easy camping kind of people.
The new swag worked a treat, I had the best sleep ever...Johnn isn't sure yet there is enough room for all 4 of us.  Will try it again this weekend to see how he goes.

The next day we spent exploring the other end of the river, looking for another spot we didn't know how to drive to.  We never found the spot we were looking for, BUT we did find awesome Saltwater CROCODILES, my favourite animal to film!
....Only trouble is, once I got the drone all set up and ready for filming... I stopped filming!  Only for a second!  That is all it takes hay!  I got ONE photos as the croc's took off into the water.  I was pee'd off with myself for missing the action on film, so tried to catch up with them on Drone before I lost them. BUT in all this excitement, I forgot to push RECORD!!!  So I flow around for a few minutes, watching these lovely creatures just slowing swimming around in the clear water.  Devoéd once I realised what I had done, I sulked all afternoon!

Original photo when I stopped film.
 
Cropped to get a better look at the lovely croc's.

Again because it's the only photo I got.


Then to top it all off at the next place we stopped we got bogged!
Johnno was onto it (I was still sulking), out with the winch, pulled back on track in no time! Nek Minit, Lunch down the river.

Just a little bogged

Beautiful lunch spot.


NO Swimming here! 
This is CROC country!


No comments:

Post a Comment