Tuesday 2 June 2020

We are going to TAG BARRA for research!

Wahoo I'm excited!

99cm TAGGED Barramundi, caught on live bait Derby WA 1st of April, no joke!

This arrived in the post today...

Tags in information arrived in post today.
After catching a tagged barra at Langi's Crossing the start of this year, I phoned through the details, and started looking into the process of tagging.  It was such a great feeling recording the details and knowing that I was helping others learn more about our great fisheries in the North West.

Certificate with information collected from the fish I caught.

The fish I caught on the 1st of April 2020 was 99cm.  This fish was first tagged on the 25th of Jan 2020 then a length of 97cm.  So this barra grow 20cm's in just over 2 months!  Now isn't that fascinating!!  That's what I want to be a part of! Learning while fishing for the future.

I'm excited that in the future I could get information sent to me about fish I originally tagged and will learn what happened to that fish, where did it move to, how big did it grow.  This feels so good.

Now we just need to get out a tag some fish!  Today is the day after celebrating WA Day.  Lucky I am off work, because I really do like living in WA and celebrated this wonderful lifestyle plenty ;) 

Recovery day on the computer.
Check out those clean windows! I did the whole house!
Also arrived in the post today, stickers for our new tiny tinny.  The stickers are bigger than the boat, not sure how they are going to go on. Stay tuned, I'm sure Johnno will have them on as soon as he gets home.  Check out Positive Fishing On FaceBook or Instagram for photos this afternoon.
Stickers for new Tiny Tinny

1 comment: