Sunday 23 August 2015

6 lures lost in 3 days

Day 1: Johnno x2;
       1 fish & 1 casting/line rapped around rod
Day 2: Karen x3; All to fish, Johnno found 1!
Day 3: Karen x2; 1 Salmon & 1 casting/knot



A few empty space’s in our lure boxes after the last 2 days, but I’ve still got plenty left to fish with yet!

OMG What strange frustrating fishing the last two days have been.  Yesterday was just funny, I kept losing fish, I couldn’t catch a fish.  Not just from losing lures, but playing with GoPro, and just fish getting off.  We had a wonderful walk in an amazingly beautiful area, so it didn’t seem to matter that I couldn’t catch a fish, despite all the fish around us.

Today was a different story!  Early morning walk resulted in no fish for either of us.  No worries, had some breakfast and tried again with the incoming.  Within the first half of an hour I’d hooked onto what would have been a great Salmon. I could taste it already, I’d mentally cooked it with a light coating of flour in garlic butter, to go with the tomatoe salad I would have made.  We had cup of soup and crackers for lunch instead!  I’d set my drag loose due to the amount of lost fish yesterday, the salmon run straight for the rocks, I was just about to chase it, realising that my line was going around the rocks, but it all happened so fast.  As soon as I’d thought about running after it, the line broke, fish and lure number 3 for me, 5 in total gone!

It would be 7 lures lost in 3 days, but luckily yesterday Johnno found my 3rd lost lure. The fish must have spat it, and it washed up onto the beach, while I was retying my line and trying to decide what to use now that I’d lost so many favourite lures.  They are all favourites, that’s why we use them after all right, you wouldn’t use a lure you don’t like or don’t think is going to catch fish.  So every lose has been hard.  I’d only just realised how much I like Halco lure’s, not having used them much in the past.  Having discovered how easy they are to pop, with their bigger cup than the other poppers I usually  use, and I’d had a few fish interested in it.  So I had become my favourite…that was the first to go!

Also lost were a skitter-pop, 2nd one of them lost this holiday, so you know they are good.  Then my long vibe, which I’ve had for years and caught many fish on.  At least we have back up of all these lures.  We joked that we needed to start loosing lure because we have so many that we haven’t used for so long anyway.  BUT my little Wax Wing which was the last to go this afternoon, now that was a hard lose.  I’ve only just started using them this holiday. I’ve already lost the bigger one I was using and catching fish with at Willie Creek.  This little green one was it’s replacement.  I’ve caught Queen fish and Trevalley with it.  Now it’s gone, and I don’t have a replacement until we go back to Broome in over a weeks time.


No comments:

Post a Comment