Sunday 23 August 2015

Price's Point Day 2

I had so many O My God moments today!
  OMG look how beautiful it is here
  OMG I lost another fish
  OMG it is so beautiful here
  OMG I lost another lure
  OMG look at this beautiful place
  OMG a sea eagle at our tent
  OMG look at this amazing sunset!!



We have spent A LOT of time on Manari Road, but for some reason have never camped at Price’s Point before.  So it was kind of exciting coming here, some where new, even though it is so familiar.
After yesterdays great day fishing close to camp, we decided to go for a little exploration walk.  We headed South a couple of hundred metres to the main ‘Price’s Point’ camp site (we are in the second entrance, known as the Quarry).  As soon as we got up close to the cliffs I started ‘Oh my god, it’s so beautiful here’, I lost count of how many times I said that!  Every little corner/bay we walked around was just as amazing as the first.   The dramatic pindan cliffs that the Peninsular is famous for, fading into the pindan stained golden sand, then the white waves from the bright blue crystal clear waters.  Totally stunning.  My basic understanding of English can not do this country justice, and I’m not sure even the most famous of poets could!!  I’ll go back with my drone, to make a YouTube clip for you, and my 7D on tripod to try and capture the realness of colours.  But nothing can beat being there, being surrounded by all this natural magnificent, all senses soaking in what we almost lost all at once.  YOU HAVE TO SEE IT!!!!

1st photo of our morning walk at James Price Point

Last photo of our walk: Pindan cliffs of James Price Point
Let’s not talk about the fishing, except to say, there were plenty of fish around…I just couldn’t catch them!

Topping off the wonderful walk, when we got back to our camp, there was a young sea eagle sitting close by.  I can’t be sure if it’s the same one that we used to see just down the beach at Flat Rock, but I’d like to think so.  Maybe he recognised us and sat there waiting to see how many fish we caught…then noticing we didn’t have anything for him thought maybe we weren’t the same people?

Sea Eagle in front of our camp at Price's Point
West coast sunsets are amazing aren’t they.  So quickly the sun dips into the ocean and is out, just like that.  But the colours while that is happening can be stunning.  Yellow is my favourite colour, it’s a happy ‘positive’ colour.  Sunset yellow is the best!

Sunset Yellow, my favourite colour!





No comments:

Post a Comment