Monday 24 August 2015

You can call me: Can’t Catch Fish Karen

Don’t get me wrong I’ve had some great fun days fishing here at James Price Point, and I’ve caught some good fish; did you see the Mangrove Jack blog or the Herring clip on You Tube Herring clip on YouTube
Herring I caught...not this day!
But often it’s not all tight lines and tasty dinners.  So to keep it fair for all those who know what fishing is really like; not huge fish every day.  Here’s a look at my attempt of fishing this morning (Monday 17th August).

Johnno walked the beach with his fly rod catching a few Trevalley, he will have to make his own movie, I can’t keep up with all the fish he catches! Johnno's new fly rod Blog

Start of the in coming tide this morning I headed for the oyster rocks with my popper.  I’m hooked on catching Mangrove Jacks on lure now, it’s so much fun!!  But I scared off the only MJ as soon as I got there.  It came from under the rock to look at my lure, nope wasn’t what he wanted, then seen me and never came out again.  I had one hit from a little Trevalley, that was if for the mornings, and I couldn’t even keep that connected!

Second fishing attempt was with bait right in front of camp.  Check out the YouTube clip below to see what happened, because I don’t want to relive that disaster over again with the retelling of it.  All I need to say is I lost 1, possible 3, very big salmon.


Almost on the beach, that counts doesn’t it??  I got it on GoPro that counts!!!  Um, but no, I’d rather have had it on my plate!!
Perhaps this is what stole my line, it was swimming around with the out going tide…
VERY BIG Cod!!

Oh and just so you know, while I was loosing all my fish today, Johnno was breaking in his new birthday present 8wt fly rod proper good!  Check out the big Queen fish he caught on it!


No comments:

Post a Comment