Friday 17 July 2015

...Beats working!


A bad days fishing beats a good day at work!

Um, so I've had few days of bad fishing lately...still beats working!!

First clip is of our first day here at Barred Creek.  That was over two weeks ago, but things haven't changed much for me since then. Thankfully Johnno caught several Mackerel and a couple of Barra before the wind got too strong, but even he hasn't caught much the last couple of days...oh except for the dozen or so tiny Queenies he caught yesterday, one of which I was using for bait in second clip.

Due to lack of great fishing we went looking for a Mud Crab yesterday.

Back of Barred Creek
Mud Crab for lunch!
It was very windy today, we didn't do much at all in the morning.  Finally having to get out of the tent, I put a bait under a balloon and used the ** wind for some fun.  It didn't take long for the first shark to swim past, at which stage the Whiting fisherman, seen at start of clip, packed up their stuff and left, I must remember this little trick ;)
For some very strange reason that shark didn't take the bait, so Johnno went walking off with his fly rod down the beach.  I was moving my rod holder (rod leaning against my chair), when I seen the Bigger shark circling my bait.  I run back to my rod, whistled (or tried to, cause I can't whistle) to Johnno, and well, the my friends the rest is YouTubed.

No comments:

Post a Comment