Friday 3 July 2015

Fixing my Blog

Pelicans in front of our camp
Last night I had a realisation of how much I love writing my Blog.  How proud I am of my 3 months of artistic work.

In my attempt to keep computer and photos organised on our trip, I moved all photos off my computer onto my external hard drive.  By doing this I deleted all photos off my blog: Positive Fishing Letters.

Strangest thing is only moments after I had moved the folder my Blogging buddy messaged me, warning me not to do it, ‘or you will loose all your photos off your blog’!!

Once I realised I had done the same thing, (and had been doing it all along!) I wanted to cry, Like REALLY!!  I started a cold sweat, went wake and light headed, I thought I was going to pass out!  Then I realised how  emotionally attached I am to my little Blog.  My dream for the last few/many many years was to ‘Go on a fishing holiday, and write about it as we went’.  After running my marathon last year, and realising I could do Anything I put my mind to, it was just a matter of organising our trip!  My Blog writing completed the dream.

I love writing my Blog for myself.  Once not so long ago I was not very good at reading or writing, so I’m proud of my accomplishments.  It’s like a little travel journey, and letters home to family at the same time.  But bigger than that, and what I hope to use it for: Sharing this awesome country with everyone, hoping that people get out and see the beautiful places, and use the remote beaches, so we don’t loose them!!!  Johnno and I started travelling the West Coast of WA almost 20 years ago.  It’s sad the number of places we can not go to now that we used to, due to mine work mostly.  Last year we thought we were going to loose Manari road (where we are at the moment), and there is the possibility of loosing the area below Exmouth if station leases are taken back from the government, so they can build bloody big resort there, and stop the normal people camping!!!! Shit NO!!!!
So I encourage everyone, get out there and see this most amazing country!!! Oi Oi Oi!

This morning, while Johnno is fishing, I will be fixing my blog, and making sure I don’t make the same mistake again.  Unfortunately I will not be able to reinstall photos from our ’prep’ stage, before we left Derby, as I did not bring ANY photos with us…just an empty 2T external hard drive, ready to be filled up!
First photo of Barred Creek Sea Eagles: over cast afternoon

They are much bigger than the Eagles at the other end of the road: perhaps this is the Female end?

Sunset at Barred Creek WA 

Full moon rising behind camp as the sun goes down in front of it.  Very special.. 
...Not how I had imagined sharing my first Barred Creek photos, I'd rather be bragging about how amazing it is here, instead of crying off technical problems.  But it's all part of the learning process, and just glad I worked it out now instead of another 6 months time!!!

Now you all better read ALL my blogs!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment