Thursday 16 July 2015

Eagles, dogs & technology


Learning as I go!

After loosing the photos off all my past Blogs, and spending days replacing them all, I started doing some reading about online storage etc, boring but I didn't want it to happen again!

Then the wind picked up, it's been windy for over a week now, with another week forecast!  As if being a cold wind isn't bad enough, I hate being cold!  There is a reason I live in the Kimberley!!!  But it blows the sand off the dunes straight at our tent, everything is closed up anyway because of the cold, but we are slowly getting buried.   When you go outside you get sand blasted by the usually beautiful fine white sand.

Our neighbours, who have camped next to us all week but we still haven't talked to, fish on the beach in front of their camp every day.  They are rugged up with long pants and hoodies, sitting in a  little ball with the sand slowly covering their backs.  I'm sure if we had seen them catch something, anything at all, we would have been down there in front of our camp as well, lucky for us they haven't caught anything all week!  So we get to sit in the shelter of our tent, drinking warm coffee, pretending we are fishing by watching them.

I've used my time 'inside' sorting my millions of photos.  I've finally caught up.  Now it's time to sort the GoPro footage, I haven't made a YouTube clip since we got to Barred Creek.  Oh, I did make this little ditty (clip at top of blog) yesterday while sorting photos.

We don't see many Sea Eagles here, I've been missing them, they used to visit several times a day at our last stop (Flat Rock).  So when they do come I stalk them, but didn't need to this time, they landed right in front of camp, fighting over a fish head we had thrown into the waves.  Luckily I got a couple of shots off, because my dogs do love to chase birds...especially big ones!

Sea Eagle at Barred Creek WA


Charlie reminding the Eagle's who's beach this is!


No comments:

Post a Comment