Monday 6 July 2015

KISS Fish Curry

Tonights sunset at Barred Creek

 Fish Curry: but not a recipe blog!

Queenie Curry
I can't call this a recipe blog, more like a discovery blog.  We used to make curries from scratch, back in the day when we lived in a house.  Enjoying making our own curry pastes,  Or Johnno would make curries that had to cook all day, or eaten the next day.  We brought a lot of herbs and spices with us on this trip thinking with the extra time we would make lots of long slow curries...NO!  With the extra time we are FISHING!!  Thankfully we have been catching plenty of fish to fill in all that extra time and to make curries with.

One of my main goals for the beginning of this trip was to 'de-stress'.  Don't get me wrong, I wasn't even overly stressed, certainly not having a break-down or anything like that.  I just knew it was time to slow down, get back in sink with the natural timing of nature...I'd like to say getting up at first light, you knew starting the day with the rest of nature... but it's just too cold to get that carried away!

The discovery of Packet Sauce's has been a wonderful enlightenment!  Oh how easy, and Yes I'm going to say it...tasty!  I would never have even looked at packets a few months ago, but now I scan the isles for special tags, anything to save a few more dollars, to keep us fishing for longer!  And so I found Packet Curry Sauce.  Very hesitant the first time I only brought two, just to try them.  Instantly realising why they are so popular  (obviously because there are so many of them), next trip I brought one of each flavour (of the brand on special at the time).

$5 meal for 2 people!
Curry Sauce packet (on special) = $2
Frozen veg mix (half bag used)  = $2.50
Rice...??? home brand $1.40 a bag!
Oil to fry fish = minimal!
Fry fish

Add packet sauce

Add veggies
Finished product as at top of blog = Keeping It Simple Stupid, Camping Curry!  Making life easy!
Then to make it even better; Johnno has been catching little Mackerel off the beach regularly here at Barred creek, so we are now eating Mackerel Curry!

Today's lunch: Mackerel Curry on the beach.


No comments:

Post a Comment