Sunday 12 July 2015

Friends & Sailfish

Friends & Sailfish .... Sailfish & Friends

I have to admit; I thought for some time about the word order in the heading.  Friends won in words, they are pretty special and deserve to be in front.  But Sailfish wins first photo!  
Johnno with his Sailfish caught May 2015
Ok, so I know I have stated that this Blog is about land based fishing, but if ya mate phones and ask's if you want to go Sail-fishing for two days, who is not going to go??

We have amazing friends!  Every few weeks we have had visitors, and they all bring heaps of food and presents (for the poor hard done by beach bums).  This weekend Steve popped down from Derby for a little camp and fish on the beach.  Actually he the first of our visitors to want to fish, the rest seem happy sitting back with a coldie watching the world go by.  So it's a shame that the wind picked up so much, the strongest of our trip so far, up to 26-28 knots!!   Making it very hard to fly fish, but of course they still did.  I'm glad you were able to get a fish Steve, specially since you made us beautiful fresh salad wraps for lunch, and spaghetti bog for dinner.  Thanks so much Steve, very tasty!! 
Steve's Goldie on Fly at Barred Creek
Remember a month or so ago, when we were still at Willie Creek and Johnno went 'camping' without me.  He'd met up with Steve on the other side of Willie Creek, they had a few days out on the tinny catching Tervally, Mackerel and SAILFISH!  Here are the long awaited photos from that trip...


Johnno onto a Sail!

Sailfish making Johnno work for it!


Sail fish in a tinny!

Steve with a Trevally on Fly

Johnno with his Tervally


 It seems word on the street (after my KISS fish curry blog), is that we have gone feral, living off canned food...and not washing?  hahaha, I just added that because it's been too cold for a swim while Steve has stayed with us, he must think I don't wash!   We do love it when our friends bring out tasty fresh food, keep it coming gang!  Company with good food while fishing, what more could you want!   But just for the record, we eat REALLY well!!  Too well, and I haven't done any real exercise in the 3 months we have been away; it's starting to show.  But in this stress free, anything goes, nothing matters world that we are living in at the moment, none of that matters.  So we continue to eat chocolate and cheese every day, and drink beer every night; we will just have to work it all off next year, or when ever we eventually have to go back to work to pay for all our fun times ;)

Ohhh, With all this cold windy weather, I've been reading a lot, latest topic; creating a blog. Yes I already have one, so wasn't much help, but after loosing all my photos I thought I'd better find out why, so it doesn't happen again.  It didn't tell me!!  But I did learn a new trick, lets see if it works....


Video ON my Blog, instead of just a link to take you to the page??
Did it work??


No comments:

Post a Comment