Thursday 9 April 2015

1st & Final

1st feed of fish & 1st friend to visit 

Finally going to stop counting!


Finally as we settle into permanent life as a beach bum, I’m aloud to stop counting!  During my years as Boot Camp Instructor, it became habit to count everything! Now I find I’ve been counting the days since we left, number of fish caught, number of mozzies in the tent, to number of shells on the beach!!  Haha, na not really…just the pretty one’s.  After, who care’s how many days away from home, I can finally stop counting, because we have had our first feed of fish, and our first friend to come visit and stay the night at our camp!!

Yesterday (who cares what day or date it was), was a prefect day!! Started what is now pretty normal for us.  Up before the sun, watch the sky changing colour while brushing teeth and making coffee.  Drink coffee while reading latest book or downloading photos, watching the tide come in.  Once tide is up enough, go fishing.  I got a fish on first cast!  Yah, you know it’s going to be a great day!!  After a few more little trevalley, Johnno caught a perfect sized Queenie for our lunch.




Note baby Sea Eagle behind Johnno,  can not see it that well, but it had been watching us all morning.

I filleted the fish and took it back to camp to put in fridge, while Johnno kept fishing.  Tide was coming in, so I did the dishes, then it was time to lay about swimming in the cool water flowing into the lagoon we are camped next to.

Mid Day we were expecting our mate Megan to turn up, but with no sign, or message, from her, I took a walk up the hill to see if I could see anything…Yip, I seen Megan driving off past us!  Duh!  Bad timing.  Johnno seen me waving, so drove over, he was driving around looking for her, while I was texting.  Finally a simple toot from her horn and everything fall into place.  Johnno directed her back to camp in time for a high tide swim.

An afternoon of catch up, followed by swimming in the waves, followed by RUM!!  Ah a good friend brings water to wash in, and Rum!  Thanks Mate!!



A sunset fire to cook potatoes for dinner.

And SALAD!!  Um Green stuff!!! Yum Yum!!

TODAY:  What started as a wonderful relaxing morning this morning, chatting over coffee and a morning swim, turned into a focused day off after Megan left.  

Pup has burnt the pads of his feet: He can not walk!!  So it was a day in the tent for him.  Which I didn’t mind at all.  Megan worked out that I had sunburnt my eye (it’s been sore for days).  I goggled it, Yip fit’s the description perfect, so I was in camp (shady tent) with Pup all day as well.

Tomorrow will be another day at camp for Pup and I, but I don’t mind, I've got a good book and have started making a YouTube Drone clip....shit life is hard!!! ;)


Drone footage on YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment