Wednesday 1 April 2015

Team Positive Fishing Have Landed!

Let the Adventures Begin!!


It’s 9:39am on the first morning of what will be the first full day of our new lifestyle; living on the beach! We started the day with coffee, which was surprisingly good, I thought I’d hate going back to Instant Coffee!!  We even brought our coffee machine!!  But with so much stuff, and it being so long since we have been long term camping, it will take some time to work out where everything IS, beside’s where it is going to GO.





It’s been many years since I've made porridge, but I'm sure it will not take long to get back into the swing of it.  This mornings it was more like rice pudding, very creamy and sweet.  I use powdered milk, mixed it a bit strong.
Porridge for breakfast every day!

Then we were off for a swim in the sea for our morning wash and clean the dishes.  Something about the salt water on my skin stopped me in my tracks made me more relaxed than I have been in a long time!  This is why we are here, to get back to the simple RELAXED life we used to enjoy.  Swimming this morning sent a rush of emotions through me!  WE ARE HERE, IT’S REAL!! We are really, finally, back at our happy place, doing what we love to do!! ….which is lots of nothing by the way, not just fishing ;) 

It was overcast and windy when we got here yesterday, which we were very thankful for while putting up the camper tent that we haven’t used much, and have never put fully up.  The second room with it’s Velcro floor was ‘interesting’, and a test of our ‘team work’!  We were so glad it wasn’t hot then…it was hot enough inside the tent before getting all the windows and shades up!  With such weather we knew the fishing would be hard, but hay, how could we not go on day one! Ha-ha.  Johnno set his fly rod up, I was tired (beers for breakfast before leaving derby!!), so just walked the dogs down the beach.  Neap tides, so there is plenty of beach to walk down!


Beautiful storm our first night camping.

Johnno’s main goal while here at Willie Creek is to catch a Permit on Fly!  But since we haven’t been fishing at all for almost two months, we will both be happy with anything.  The in coming storm and wind made it hard work for fly fishing.  Johnno was happy enough that he seen a few trevally and salmon, even if he couldn’t cast to them.

The tides are complete Neaps, the water has hardly moved since we got here.  This Johnno says is not the best for Permit, and he is talking of reading his book ALL DAY!!  Yay right, it’s now only 10am, and he already has said, I feel like I should be doing something!  I spent the morning cleaning sand out of the kitchen area, blown in with the storm last night, and am about to make a cuppa and start to find a suitable home for everything, so we can find things later.  But I can guarantee that by the time I set up our new portable internet this evening, we would have been fishing!!! 

10:05am; I didn’t even get to log off!  
Johnno: “I think I’ll go down for a little fish”

YouTube Link to Day ONE was meant to go here, but only (day3) got the portable internet working after a trip into Broome today, and i'm not sure it's good enough to load YouTube clips way out here.  I will add a link later if it works: we have been having a great time catching little Queenie and Tervalley's.  Tide's are starting to change, Permit time is coming!!!!! :)

...Reloading photos means I can add links as well ;)
YouTube link to fish day of our trip.




No comments:

Post a Comment