Thursday 16 April 2015

Leaving Willie:

Our work here is done! 


One more time, just to show it off!! Read all about it on previous Blog: Johnno Got His Permit  OR watch it on YouTube: Johnno's 1st Permit! 

The joys of holidays, or life as a beach bum, we can change our minds as often as we wish.  Finally we have decided to day is the day we leave Willie Creek.  We drove into Broome yesterday, filled up with fresh water and supplies, planning to stay here for another week or more.  But after another night of Johnno coughing, (I was so worried about him I thought we would be driving him to hospital) was the decider, it’s time to get out of this dust!

The sand is so fine here, where we are camping it’s been getting dustier every day.  The more we walk around the worse it gets.  John’s cough has been getting worse each day.  Even sitting here on this still morning I can smell the dust in the air.  So we are off to Quondong, to camp in the grass and eat Bluebone (I’m excited!!).  We will return to Willie for an afternoon of fishing again on the neap tides.  Quondong is only another 20-30km’s up the beach.

Our trip to Broome was short but fun.  Thanks Megan for the morning coffee, and looking after Charlie & Pup while we went shopping, that made life so much easier!!  We got beer and McDonalds on the way out of town.  By the time we got back to camp we needed to go for a walk, to settle all that junk food in our belly. 

A beautiful afternoon walk around the sand flats, seen NO premit, making it easier for me to convince Johnno we should leave here.  I caught my first good fish for the holiday: Salmon, which is in the fridge ready to eat for breakfast!  
I caught dinner! Photo of GoPro headcam

On with the next part of our adventure!
I love Quondong Point, there is so much more to do there, and it’s easy enough to drive here or Barred Creek on the good tides.  We will not have any internet access there, so I’m loading what I can now, before we start packing.

Last night, after sunset beers, I finished the movie clip I had started when Johnno was catching his Permit without me.  My plan had been to do an ‘uncut’ GoPro clip, just link all the clips I had recorded that morning together, and save as is.  Thinking it would give you all a better idea of a typical morning fishing, walking the flats.  But that was 15mins long and I’m not sure anyone, not even my mother, would want to watch me walking around water for quarter of an hour.  So I cut out lots of the walking and playing of fish.  Kept the fun bits like the dogs chasing the fish I release, and the Hammerhead shark that swam up to us!!


Link to YouTube clip here:  One GoPro Morning!


Hammerhead shark, swam up to us as I tried to release a little Queenfish.
Will be a couple of weeks until the next blog/s.  Hope you are all having a wonderful working week ;)


Ok, enough Procrastinating: one can only play on YouTube and blogging for so long, when you should be packing!  Our first pack up, another reason neither of us were in any rush to move, we have to fit everything back in somewhere, somehow!

Hope to see some of you visiting us at Quondong: BRING BEER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment