Friday 10 April 2015

The Road to Enlightenment...



Fuck Yah The Salmon are running!!

It is a fishing blog after all??

We decided right from the start, a month before leaving Derby, that we would stay at Willie creek for as long as it takes; until we are in ‘holiday mode’, meaning we have slowed down from everyday normal working life, distressed, and starting to pay more attention to the natural happening around us instead of our stomachs or heads (a good sign of de-stressing).

I was reading a Deepak Chopra book today, were he talked about people on their Search for Enlightenment, saying how people would go and live in a cave for, well how ever long it took, sitting in silence, waiting for the answer to life’s big questions.  It dawned on me; That’s Me!  Expect I’m sitting on a beach, and like why wouldn’t you??  Why sit in a cold, dark, empty cave, with nothing to eat?  When you could be sitting on one of the most beautiful place’s on this planet, watching the beauty of nature, the big tide’s come in, and out again, the beautiful  eagles soaring above, the tiny little beach birds I don’t know the name of yet, running up and down the beach!!  

How's that for a spot of contemplation?
 So here I sit, on one of the most beautiful beaches on the planet, waiting for…oh look the salmon are here!!
Only yesterday, Megan said ’The wind has changed, the dragon flies are here, and the salmon are at 80 mile already’!  We knew it wasn’t going to be long until we were onto them as well!!
This morning the salmon started running!!  Unfortunately for myself and Puppy (I can’t go on the bright white sandy beach due to my sunburnt EYE, and Pup can not walk At All!).

While I was cleaning up gallons of Bright Yellow (very hard on the eye’s!!) dog diarrhoea (don't worry I'm not sharing a photo of today's fun adventure!)  Johnno was down catching 50, yes I said FIFTY, fish!!  Suddenly my eye is better, I will be fishing tomorrow!!  Sorry Pup you are here in sick bay on your own!!  Pup has burnt the pad’s off his paw’s, he really REALLY can not walk on them…but trust me, he WILL be walking outside tonight!!! I’m not waking up to that horrid mess again!!!!
Can't walk Puppy!


Did I mention that we are living at one of the most beautiful place’s on the planet!!!

Front view from camp; taken from top of our 4x4

View to left of our camp

View to right of camp
Thanks Megan, for bringing eye drops which helped a lot!  And pointing out I had sunburnt my eye, I’d never heard of that before!!  I spent the last two days in the shady tent, with darker sunnies on, and I’m finally feeling better (nothing to do with Johnno catch 50 salmon without me!!).
As said; Pup really can not walk! He will have to be in sick bay for another couple of days yet.
Charlie is REALLY tired, but that might have something to do with her contest running between camp and the beach!
Johnno, bless his little bare feet! Was lost without me to fish with today (still managed to stay long enough to catch 50 F fish!!), said he felt like something was missing for the rest of the day! Oooohhhhhhh!!! 
Tide’s are starting to change, but so are the season’s.  We will need to do a water, food and beer, run into Broome sometime this coming week.  Have decided to stay here for the next set of neaps.  Johnno seen the allusive Permit when we first got here (Neap tide’s), so he wants to see if they are back these neaps…but change of season and all???  

No Plans :)








No comments:

Post a Comment