Monday 6 April 2015

Mastering The Art…Of Total Relaxation!

I did nothing today!

I’m not sure doing nothing all day means you are relaxed, but it’s a great start!

Coffee for breakfast while finishing the book I've been reading for the last 4-5 days; Di Morrissey’s ‘The Songmaster’.  Border line on the too romantic side for me, not just the relationship stuff, but the life stuff, however found her ‘hopefully well researched’ information about Aboriginal ceremony’s, sacred sites, and day to day life, very interesting, and worth reading the whole book just for that.  Once finished I made porridge for breakfast; ended up even sweeter than normal, and it’s usually sweet enough for an unhealthy breakfast!!  (I mix in brown sugar while it’s hot, before serving).

Went for a mid morning fish along the beach while the tide was still up, going out.  I lost too many fish!!  Heaps of strikes on my silver slice without staying connected.  Good thing is: this didn’t even worry me!!  I’ve caught enough Queenie and trevalley already this week not to be upset…might have been I different story if I thought it was a big fish!!!  Johnno caught a couple of fish which we brought home for the dogs lunch.  They have been having two meals a day (mid day feed of fish, and usually even meal of dog food and biscuits), but are still hungry.  Walking and swimming all day, when they used to be sitting in air-con doing NOTHING all day!


More reading for Johnno, Face Booking for me.  I don’t like to start one book straight after the other, specially a book that’s taken me 4 days to read.  I’ve been thinking about the book and characters, and I’m never ready to just let them go and move on to the next book, I need to let it all settle down and let them wonder out of my head space ;).  Johnno is onto his 6th book in 6 days!!!
 Taking it easy on the beach, so not to use up too much energy all at once!
LEARNING TO RELAX!!
On the mid day high tide, we went for a lay around in the cool water that had come right up to our tent.  Ended up being more than a lay about, we swam across to other side of the lagoon.  We would never have done this normally if just day tripping here, because we know there IS a big salt water croc up the creek further.  But having camped here all week, watching the tides, water movement etc, we weren’t worried (still not the best move!!!).  We are half way across when of course the dogs start to follow us, we knew they would!  Not to worry, they are good swimmers, I was more worried about the swim back, and rightly so.  After the swim across, and walk along the beach, we wanted to see what it looked like on the biggest tides (very beautiful!!), we still had to swim back, With the dogs.  It was fine when they were behind us, following us, but when they are next to us, they want to swim ON us!!!  Spent half the swim back pushing them away and yelling at them, glad they are good swimmers!!

We had some instant noodle thingy for lunch, called Mug Shot, aka ’Mug of Snot’!  Not very nice and not very filling!  Johnno went fishing, I started my new book; short stories, easier to read; ’Elephants in the Bush’ by Clarrie Cameron.  Totally recommend it!!  You can buy it at Derby Visitor Center.  I’m not an alcoholic ;) but can totally relate to his story about seeing the Elephant in the Bush!!!!

I was getting hungry (Mug of snot doesn‘t cut it as a good enough lunch!!), so went to find Johnno, who was on his way back because he was also very hungry!!

Pickled Onion Cheese on Crackers for second lunch, thank you very much!

I have to admit to having a very quick little sleep somewhere around about here.  Not that I’m even tired anymore, Johnno is, he has the flu and has been coughing lots at night, not able to sleep.  This sore eye of mine is just much more comfortable when closed…that’s my story and I’m sticking to it!!!!

Johnno read his book (he‘s started on my Kindle!), I went swimming, making the most of while the water was still in the lagoon enough to cool down, it drains out at low tide, leaving a long walk to the sea.  

More reading, coffee drinking, relaxing.   The cool breeze died down and it started getting hot.  The tide had gone out quickly, with just the run out water left in our little lagoon.  I remembered seeing a deep hole next to some rocks on our walk home one low tide, so decided to go check it out, see if it would be any good for a little cool down dip.  

The deep pool was great, perfect for cooling off, but not very relaxing, water flowing too fast pushing me against the rocks.  Happy with my cool off I walked up the fast out going very shallow stream of tidal flow.  I noticed a few other pools and tried them all, again very refreshing, but not very relaxing.  Then Pup just sat down in the shallows ‘I’m not walking any further’, so I sat with him.  The  fast flowing water started digging the sand away around us, and before I even thought about standing up again, we each had our own little wading/wallowing hole!! I stayed there for HOURS!!!  Watched nature do it’s thing!  First two Osprey Eagles gliding over, and landing on a snag further up the now empty creek.  Then a Sea Eagle, my favourite of all birds J.  Little fish still swimming out with the tiny bit of water left, and eating my skin on the way past!!!
Cooling lay around in the shallow waters of out going tide.
Less than knee deep, but still refreshing on a hot afternoon!
Finally Johnno realised I must be on to a good thing and came to join us, so I stayed longer, totally relaxed with out a care in the world, or a thought of anything that I ‘should’ be doing instead.  Bliss!!

Johnno came to play too!
Once the water stopped flowing into our personally hand made holes we headed back to camp.  I started a small camp fire.  We drunk beer, talked shit (fishing, cause we don’t do anything else to talk about now), and cooked potatoes in the coals, while the sun set over the now very low tide.


Cheesy potatoes in their jackets for dinner, followed by diary writing.  Perfect day.
I’m about to make a cuppa tea while picking some photos and loading my blog online. J


What are you doing for your last day of the Easter Break?

No comments:

Post a Comment