Sunday 12 April 2015

Charlie gets hooked

Now we all are injured or sick:

Sunset at Willie Creek, Broome, Western Australia
I didn’t write a blog last night because I was putting the finishing touches onto my Drone YouTube clip:  Willie Creek from Drone footage
I haven’t worried about learning all the fancy stuff that my new Pinnacle Studio movie making program can do, so much to learn.  Just editing 30mins of Drone footage down to 4-5 mins is time consuming enough. 

Since we have decided to move on from Willie Creek next week, I thought I’d get a few more blogs in, because I’m pretty sure there will not be internet reception at Quondong Point, where we are off to next.  I’m hanging for a feed of Bluebone!!

Yesterday’s morning fishing walk was rather eventful.  I caught heaps of Queenie and Trevalley, which got Charlie very excited.  I’ll have to make another YouTube clip tonight of this, but I warn you, there will be lots of me yelling!!  Charlie Wait, Charlie sit, it’s mine mine mine.  I thought I’d taught them well to leave the fish when I say ‘Mine’, worked with my lure anyway, but seems fish are way more exciting than lure’s, and it’s hard to pay attention when you are so excited!
It definitely time for me to go with Barb-less hooks!  After half a dozen fish being released, my very excited Charlie dog was bouncing around, waiting for me to release the little Trevalley in my hand.  Unfortunately for her, she didn’t wait long enough, I hadn’t even stood up, when she run though my line towards the water, wrapping the line around her leg, sinking my lure into the inside of her back leg.  Poor Charlie!!  I held her still, but wasn’t able to hold her and get the hook out, we had to call Johnno over, who was currently playing a little Golden Trevalley he had on caught on fly.  While I held Charlie still in the waves, Johnno had to push the hook through the next layer of sink, so he could squash the barb and return it out the way it had gone in.  Charlie was SO GOOD!!  Just standing there, letting Johnno do what had to be done!!  We are sure she must have know we were helping, she didn’t fight or move at all, such a good girl.  She sit on the beach for a while after the hook was out, it did dampen her enthusiasm a little.


GoPro photo of Charlie; after being hooked.
Wasn’t too long after that I caught another Trevalley, and with hook safely attached to rod, let it go in the shallows for Charlie to chase.  She was straight onto it, no fear, no worries! (No fish, they never catch them, the fish are way to fast.  Unless I am going to keep it, then I let it go in the real shallows where she can round it up, and take time to catch it without getting spiked, she has already learnt that fish have sharp bits.)

 Most of the afternoon was spent relaxing.  Johnno hasn't been sleeping so well, he has a horrid cough.  Pup had his first walk down the beach this morning and had sore legs again after it.  Charlie is so tired anyway, but also has a sore leg now.  I've still got my sore eye and now a sore throat, and runny nose as well.  So it was a day of watching the tide come in, swim, sleep, swim again, watch the tide go out.  Not a bad sick bay I say!


3 of the 4 Sea Eagle's
I’m loving the bird life here!  Last night there were 4, yes FOUR, Sea Eagles flying around.  They didn’t come very close, but I did break out the Canon.  I think today will be a photo day, now that the big boy is all set to go again.  Here’s some shots from last night:







No comments:

Post a Comment