Thursday 28 May 2015

Croc sighting keeping me off beach today!


Too beautiful not to swim?
3 Warnings is enough; I'm listening now!!

I should have been listening to Pup anyway, he has been warning me for the last two days, I just wasn't 'Thinking Dog'!  1st morning on the beach alone Pup was acting strange.  When I walked into the shallow water of the sand bar, he would normally follow me, but on Tuesday instead he sat on the beach barking at me.  It was a bit freaky, my first day alone, and I'd already had Mr Clothes Line man scare the crap out of me earlier, so I walked the beach with him until the water had gone out off the sand bar.
Wednesday: 2nd morning alone  We were fishing on the already uncovered sandbar, but Pup wasn't swimming, okay so I wasn't catching many fish for him to chase.  A very big bow wave came up the creek.  I got excited and started casting my lure at it, but in the back of my head thinking, that's a F big fish.  Pup chased it up the sand bar, barking, but not going into the water.  When he seen the Manta-Ray he was in the water swimming out to it.  So again this was a bit too weird for me, here alone, with only Pup to watch my back (he's doing a bloody good job!!!), so I walked the bank back to camp.

These two moments had been playing on my mind anyway, so was contemplating not going fishing today, but then number 3: Johnno text to say the croc has been sighted at the front of the creek again!!  So yah we might hang back here today!  It's neap tides at the moment, so it doesn't come up our little lagoon.  We are far enough away from the water that the dogs can still run around without me worrying about them.  I've been thinking of taking the camera for a walk behind camp anyway, maybe this was just the kick up the butt needed to do it.

Beautiful country behind camp, waiting for me to photograph!
 Think I will have a camera day today...see what we can find!
Might look for some of these NOT in my bed!
Reckon you will have another Twitcher letter tonight, instead of a fishing blog...unless Johnno comes home?
Not sure what these little beauties are?



I'm always scaring the Bustard off!

I haven't seen the baby Sea Eagle for some time...hope he has gone to find his own new turf!

No comments:

Post a Comment