Monday 25 May 2015

Dogs and Twitching don't mix well!

Serious dog training coming up!!

Curlews on the beach, Yah I love them!
 Yes It's another Twitcher letter!  Sorry no fishing in this blog. 
 We went to Broome town this morning; no fish there?
Unpacking the car when we returned mid-day was interrupted by the loud quacking of Sea Eagles.


I'm a bit worried about 'baby' Sea Eagle that I photographed last week.  When our Broome mate was out on Friday night he described what could possibly be it, or the Bustard I was also following, dead on side of track in. Too sad to think about.

Brahminy Kite, stealing from brown kite!
But wait!  They were fighting over a STICK!!!?
I was lucky, while having the camera out, the hard to catch (photograph) Brahminy flow over.  Because of it's smaller size and faster movements, it's a hard one to get photos of.  I was pretty happy with this afternoons efforts!!
As stated in earlier blog, my dogs are in for some serious TRAINING over the next few days!  They also might have to learn to stay at camp while I am trying to get close to birds.  Mind you, they are pretty cool to photograph as well!

Charlie deeply concentrated on the Brahminy; she hates kites of any kind!


Not the best Twitcher buddy!

Once the dogs settled a little, so did the Brahminy.  I think I got my best photos of it so far.



Stay tuned for plenty more photos over the next few days, while Johnno is away!!

No comments:

Post a Comment