Friday 8 May 2015

Fishing Fishing Fishing, lets talk about Fishing!

It is a Fishing Blog after all!

One of Karen's lunch Salmon
Haha, I can say that now; now that I am catching more fish than Johnno!!  It’s a good feeling to be feeding the whole family!  Salmon for us, little Queenie & Trevalley for the dogs.

I do love eating Bluebone!  Making Quondong one of my favourite place’s to stay for that reason.  But it is Johnno who always catches them.  I did finally start using the hand line while we were there and catch a couple myself, nowhere near big enough to eat, but still good fun.  I’ve had some scary experience’s with hand lines, including almost loosing my head!! 300lb hand line went around my neck while fishing the deeps off Broome many years ago, we stopped using heavy hand lines after that!  So you can understand my hesitation about using them again.  In the end after watching Johnno’s safer way to throwing them for a while, I gave it a go.  My first bite on crab and I was hooked!!  What a great sensation, even if I didn’t land it.
Karen's Bluebone from Quondong Point
Here’s a link to one of our great days fishing at Quondong Point, including my first bluebone on crab, and two of johnno’s ‘eaters’:  Fishing off Quondong Point.  

It’s been big tides since we arrived at Willie Creek.  We know now that they, big tides, are not good for Permit, but with the dirty rough sea at Quondong we thought we would move here and wait for the good tides.  The high winds and big tides haven’t stopped me from catching plenty of fish. Maybe nothing worth YouTubing yet, but plenty of fun for me, and plenty of eating for the whole family!
Salmon and eggs for lunch!
Afternoon, out going tides, are proving hard fishing for both of us.  Last two afternoons all we have seen are large numbers, of many different types of Rays.  But it’s such a lovely time to be down on the water, not much wind (which means heaps of sandflies at camp, so good time to get out anyway), calmer seas, afternoon sun setting sky.  Then by the time we get back from our little ‘beach walk’ it’s Beer o’clock, perfect!!


Afternoon walk on the beach.


No comments:

Post a Comment