Saturday 23 May 2015

Getting off the 'Green square'

No more Auto for me!
Practising with Focus Points

I have the best models!
I was lucky enough to meet Dom before leaving Derby.  He started me on the road to using my Canon for what it's meant for, not just point and shot 'Auto' photos.  I've loved photography for years, and have millions of great photos, but now want to take control of my photos, so i know why the not so good ones didn't turn out the way I wanted.  
Dom has been helping me with a few questions I've had over facebook.  I had a feel good moment today when reading his message about 'f/22 apature' I said out loud 'that will be because the smaller circle will let in less light'!!! Wahoo!!  Something is sinking in!!  Dom if you are reading this you will now realise that I'm right at the basic beginners level, so the rest of your message might take a bit longer to sink in, and I will not be using my tele-convert for a while.

Photo taken on 2x Teleconvert
Smaller tides mean better fishing again, finally.  Even though I had eaten enough Salmon last week, with a few days of none, I was happy when I got my first one this morning.  We were thankful for the overcast, cooler weather today.  A few extra beers with our mate who popped out from Broome for sundowners with us, meant we were happy for a slower paced day today.   Photos below taken on Johnno's G1X camera, with it's cool Super Vivid setting, (all on Auto)


  






Tonights amazing sunset, being enjoyed by campers on the beach.  Not sure we will get much sleep tonight...Pup wants to go and play with them, he will not settle.


No comments:

Post a Comment